New Information From Purina’s Advancing Life Research
Now on www.purinavets.com, you can tap into more than 75 years of Nestlé Purina’s dedication and experience by accessing research and resources from the Purina PetCare Center, clinics and universities. Enter user name: purinavets and password: nutrition.
Just featured articles focus on The Nestle Purina Symposia proceedings, Nutrition Brief resources, Gastrointestinal Health and much more.
Purina Veterinary Diets ® created Project Pet Slim Down™ to fight the growing problem of pet obesity.Pet owners and veterinarians across the country are joining the Project: Pet Slim Down™ movement to help reverse the trend of pet obesity. A healthy weight can mean better defense against weight-related diseases and a longer, happier life. Watch the Project: Pet Slim Down™ Reality Series, Purina chronicled the real-life weight loss journeys of eight dogs and their owners. All eight dogs lost between10 and 21 percent of their body weight in 12 weeks. Each of the dogs featured in the videos were fed a Purina Veterinary Diets ® formula. See their inspirational stories, and visit www.projectpetslimdown.com to join the movement.
2010 Nestle Purina Veterinary Symposium on Companion Animal Medicine:The 2010 Nestlé Purina Veterinary Symposium on Companion Animal Medicine, a Purina sponsored event, will include lectures on Understanding the role of diet and enteric bacteria in development of feline diarrhea, Treatment of Liver Disease, A weight loss program that works, and Pet food facts and fallacies. Click here to register.
Nutrition Briefs:Short, two-sided documents that address common client misconceptions or questions: http://purinavets.com/Research/NutritionBriefs.aspx
- Algorithms covering the primary symptoms of GI complaints
- Tips on taking patient histories and performing physical exams and diagnostic tests
- Information about Purina Veterinary Diets® that support GI health
Check out What’s New! on the what’s new page:
- Veterinary Professional Detail Sheets contain Purina Veterinary Diets product indications, characteristics and benefits to feeding these diets. You will also find some quick summaries of related research. They are PDFs ready for downloading.
- “Cases in Brief” are three one-page articles relating cases successfully utilizing FortiFlora.
- Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) Senior Care Guidelines, Purina is a sponsor of the updated AAFP Senior Care Guidelines. This valuable resource addresses a broad range of issues including medical , behavioral & lifestyle in senior cats.
Veterinary Technicians: Feed Your Careers!
Your career in veterinary medicine needs constant care and feeding, just like your canine and feline patients. At Nestlé Purina, we’re committed to helping you advance personally and professionally. So if you are looking for an interesting and challenging menu of pet nutrition information, register for Daily Nutrition Matters.
Registration is simple. And it’s a first step to increasing your nutrition knowledge, which can lead to enhanced patient care, client service and job satisfaction. When you apply what you learn, Daily Nutrition Matters will help you improve the lives of your canine and feline patients.
Get started today! Go to http://www.purinavets.com/technicians/default.aspx to register.
Announcing the New and Enhanced Line of Purina Veterinary Diets® Canned Therapeutic Formulas
Because developing better nutritional diets drives everything we do at Purina, we’re excited to bring you news about the Purina Veterinary Diets® line of canned therapeutic diets. We have made enhancements to some of the formulas in our line of canned therapeutic diets: state-of-the-art therapeutic formulas based on high-quality ingredients that pets love to eat.
There are also two NEW canned formulas: JM Joint Mobility® canine and EN Gastroenteric® feline.
Find all of the latest news and resources from Purina at http://www.purinavets.com.